By Peter S. Alagona
Focusing at the tales of 4 high-profile endangered species—the California condor, wasteland tortoise, Delta smelt, and San Joaquin equipment fox—Alagona bargains an soaking up account of the way american citizens built a political method in a position to generating and maintaining debates during which imperiled species function proxies for broader conflicts concerning the politics of position. The problem for conservationists within the twenty-first century, this publication claims, might be to redefine habitat conservation past safe wildlands to construct extra assorted and sustainable landscapes.
Read Online or Download After the Grizzly: Endangered Species and the Politics of Place in California PDF
Similar environmental science books
This booklet presents a synthesis of the earlier decade of analysis into international adjustments that happened within the earth procedure some time past. concentration is accomplished by way of focusing on these alterations within the Earth's previous atmosphere that most sensible tell our assessment of present and destiny worldwide alterations and their effects for human populations.
The worldwide economic climate threatens the individuality of areas, humans, and reports. In the following and There, invoice Conlogue exams the idea that literature and native areas topic much less and not more in a global that economists describe as “flat,” politicians think has “globalized,” and social scientists think as a “global village.
Modern Earth and animal activists hardly ever collaborate, maybe simply because environmentalists specialise in species and ecosystems, whereas animal advocates glance to the person, and neither turns out to have a lot recognize for the opposite. This different selection of essays highlights universal floor among earth and animal advocates, such a lot significantly the safety of flora and fauna and private nutritional selection.
During this groundbreaking, worldwide research of the connection among weather swap and human overall healthiness, Hans Baer and Merrill Singer stock and severely research the variety of vital and occasionally devastating healthiness implications of worldwide warming. utilizing a variety of theoretical instruments from anthropology, medication, and environmental sciences, they current ecosyndemics as a brand new paradigm for knowing the connection among environmental switch and illness.
- Educação ambiental: Dialogando com Paulo Freire (Portuguese Edition)
- Environmental Modelling with GIS and Remote Sensing (Geographic Information Systems Workshop)
- Indo-Pacific Climate Variability and Predictability: 7 (World Scientific Series on Asia-Pacific Weather and Climate)
- Unlikely Environmentalists: Congress and Clean Water, 1955-1972
- Institutions in Environmental Management: Constructing Mental Models and Sustainability (Routledge/EUI Studies in Environmental Policy)
- Climate Impacts on the Baltic Sea: From Science to Policy: School of Environmental Research - Organized by the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (Springer Earth System Sciences)
Additional resources for After the Grizzly: Endangered Species and the Politics of Place in California
After the Grizzly: Endangered Species and the Politics of Place in California by Peter S. Alagona