By Tim Haughton,Nicholas Martin
Read or Download Aftermath: Legacies and Memories of War in Europe, 1918–1945–1989 PDF
Similar war & peace books
The IRA's skill to use the border among Northern eire and the Republic of eire was once primary to the organisation's capability to salary its 'Long warfare' over 1 / 4 of a century. This booklet is the 1st to examine the position of the border in maintaining the Provisionals and its relevant function in Anglo-Irish family members during the issues.
Conflicts in Africa, Asia and Latin the United States became a typical concentration of advocacy by means of Western celebrities and NGOs. This provocative quantity delves into the realities of those efforts, that have usually concerned compromising on integrity in pursuit of profile and effect. reading the tools utilized by Western advocates, how they relate to campaigns within the international locations involved, and their effect, specialist authors assessment the successes and screw ups of previous advocacy campaigns and provide confident feedback of present efforts.
Introducing scholars to the clinical research of peace and warfare, clash, conflict, and Peace: An creation to medical learn, edited by way of Sara McLaughlin Mitchell and John A. Vasquez, presents an summary of present scholarship during this dynamic region of analysis. targeting the standards that form relationships among international locations and that make battle or peace much more likely, this choice of articles by means of most sensible students explores such key subject matters as risky dyads, alliances, territorial disputes, competition, palms races, democracy peace, exchange, overseas corporations, territorial peace, and nuclear guns.
Using a variety of archival correspondence and diaries, this monograph reconstructs the 1974-79 Labour government's rules in Northern eire. It covers the cave in of power-sharing in may possibly 1974, the key discussion with the Provisional IRA throughout the 1975 ceasefire, the acquiescence of Labour ministers in carrying on with indefinite direct rule from Westminster, efforts to mitigate clash via business funding, an immense shift in defense coverage emphasizing the police over the military, the difference of republicans to the specter of those new measures and their very own adoption of a 'Long struggle' approach.
- Making Peace: The Contribution of International Institutions (The Sciences Po Series in International Relations and Political Economy)
- Arab Approaches to Conflict Resolution: Mediation, Negotiation and Settlement of Political Disputes (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- International Trials and Reconciliation: Assessing the Impact of the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (Transitional Justice)
- Reintegration of Ex-Combatants After Conflict: Participatory Approaches in Sierra Leone and Liberia (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- Understanding Ethnopolitical Conflict: Karabakh, South Ossetia, and Abkhazia Wars Reconsidered (Rethinking Peace and Conflict Studies)
- The Making of Peace: Rulers, States, and the Aftermath of War
Additional info for Aftermath: Legacies and Memories of War in Europe, 1918–1945–1989
Aftermath: Legacies and Memories of War in Europe, 1918–1945–1989 by Tim Haughton,Nicholas Martin